Danish Network for Women in Physics honorary award – The KIF Prize 2020
The KIF Prize is awarded annually to raise awareness about the importance of women in physics. The prize should help identify female physicists as role models at universities as well as at high schools and in society and business.
Who can be nominated?
A woman working within the physical sciences (physics, engineering) who is a role model for other women within physics. The candidate must either be Danish or residing and/or working in Denmark.
- Candidates for the award may be nominated by a boss, supervisor, mentor, colleague, student or fellow student
- Nominations are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominations are to be received at the latest 12.00 on Monday, September 7th, 2020.
- Nominations should contain:
- Motivation letter (maximum of 2 pages)
- Candidate’s CV including name and contact information (maximum of 1 page)
The motivation letter should emphasize why the candidate is considered a role model and could include academic achievements, work-related achievements, dissemination and outreach efforts, volunteer work within the physics community etc.
All candidates will be assessed by an external committee. The committee members will be announced in August 2020.
Questions can be made to email@example.com, and will be answered by a member of the KIF board.
The winner will be notified in writing (by email) and her name will be announced at the KIF annual meeting on October 7th 2020, at SCIENCE Frederiksberg Campus, festauditoriet, Bülowsvej 17, 1870 Frederiksberg, where the award ceremony will take place.
The winner will be invited to give a talk at the annual meeting.